The 'Oxford Arms' in Warwick Lane, City of London, looking south east towards St. Paul's Cathedral,1875. The 'Oxford Arms' was an old coaching inn which had survived the Great Fire of London in 1666. By the 1870s, however, it had deteriorated into a slum property and was scheduled for demolition as part of the redevelopment of the area. There were objections to this because of its historic nature and this prompted a photographic survey of this and other threatened historic buildings to be carried out by the Society for Photographing Relics of Old London. The building was subsequntly demolished in 1877.