The Museum of London and MOLA have collaborated on a number of community excavations. These excavations have spanned many areas of London, with participants ranging from school classes to community groups and 8 year olds to 80 year olds.
Previous community digs have taken place in:
- Shoreditch Park, Hackney (2005)
- Bruce Castle, Haringey (2006)
- Michael Faraday School, Southwark (2007)
- Arnold Circus, Shoreditch, Tower Hamlets (2009)
- Burgess Park, Southwark (2010)
- Altab Ali Park, Tower Hamlets (2010)
- Brill Place - UKCMRI, Camden (2011)
[Note: there was no community dig in 2008]
For further information about our community digs, please follow the links in the left-hand navigation and see the MOLA web pages.