Accession number: 83.849/1
Measurements: whole: 20 x 87 x 50 mm
This matching set consists of a brooch and a bracelet. It was bought by the donor from the Woolworth's store on the Strand in 1938. The American firm F W Woolworth opened its first English store in 1909. By the end of the 1930s there were 759 branches in the UK. Part of the huge success of the company during this period was the promise that nothing in the stores cost more than 6d (sixpence).