The Museum Mission
Our mission is to inspire a passion for London.
Our vision is to create a revitalised, world-class museum that embodies the spirit and energy of the world’s greatest city and its people; a museum that plays an active role in the life of the capital both today and in the future; a museum that is a welcoming, inspirational and innovative destination to all visitors as well as a centre of excellence in research, curatorship, conservation and learning. A modern museum with ambitious future plans.
Our mission and purpose
Our mission is to inspire a passion for London and a passion for learning.
We do this through increasing public awareness, appreciation and understanding of London’s cultural heritage, its people and its stories.
We pursue this by:
- Engaging visitors with exciting programmes and exhibitions
- Sharing, interpreting and conserving a unique national collection that defines London and its people
- Creating inspirational learning opportunities for all
- Facilitating worldwide access to our resources, expertise and research
- Developing partnerships that extend the Museum’s network and profile nationally and internationally
- Discovering new archaeological evidence that shapes and reshapes our understanding of London
- Leading the London Museums Hub for London’s 250 non-national museums showcasing the capital’s rich and diverse collections