Museum of London to receive over £650,000 from Arts Council England
10 May 2012
Arts Council England today announced that the Museum of London would receive a funding award of £650,190 as part of the museum development fund, along with eight other regional museums and partnerships.
David Spence, Interim Director of the Museum of London, said:
“I am delighted that the Museum of London has been selected to be a museum development provider by Arts Council England. On behalf of everyone at the Museum I would like to express our gratitude to Arts Council England. The Museum of London and Arts Council England enjoy a close relationship and this funding agreement will only enhance our partnership. This news is a terrific endorsement of the standing of the Museum and of its leadership role in the cultural life of London.”
The grant of over £650,000 will help us in supporting museums individually and collectively across London and in providing a voice for the sector.
The successful funding bid comes in the same week that the Museum of London announced the appointment of Sharon Ament as the organisation’s next Director. Sharon is currently Director of Public Engagement at the Natural History Museum and is due to join the Museum of London in September.
In June the Museum of London will launch Our Londinium 2012, a series of updates to the popular Roman galleries co-curated by young Londoners, also funded by Arts Council England as part of the Stories of the World Cultural Olympiad project
1. For more information or images, please contact Andrew Marcus, PR Manager, on 07725 6175865 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Museum of London, Museum of London Docklands and Museum of London Archaeology seek to inspire a passion for London. The Museums are open daily 10am – 6pm and are FREE to all.
3. Explore the Museum of London with Collections online - home to just under 25,000 objects with more being added.
4. Follow the Museum of London on Twitter http://twitter.com/museumoflondon and facebook http://www.facebook.com/museumoflondon
5. Our Londinium 2012 is part of London 2012 Cultural Olympiad programme Stories of the World, supported by Arts Council England.