The Harcourt Group
I would be delighted to welcome you as a member of the Harcourt Group - the patrons of the Museum of London.
Sharon Ament, Director
The Harcourt Group is named after the first and second Viscounts Harcourt, two of the Museum's founding fathers. Members enjoy a special relationship with the Museum.
There are two levels of annual membership:
Harcourt Patron (£1,250 pa, including £1,000 donation)
Harcourt Benefactor (£5,000 pa, including £4,500 donation)
Donations from the Harcourt Group help us by:
- Supporting our Learning activities and schools sessions
- Acquiring objects and works of art for the collections
- Developing our archaeological expertise
- Supporting our costume collection
- Conserving rare and precious objects
Benefits of Harcourt Group membership
- Invitations for two to every major exhibition and new gallery private view at Museum of London and Museum of London Docklands
- Unlimited free entry for you and a guest to all ticketed exhibitions at Museum of London and Museum of London Docklands including Doctors, Dissection and Resurrection Men (19 Oct 2012 - 14 April 2013), Estuary (17 May 2013 – 27 Oct), The Cheapside Hoard: London’s Lost Jewels (10 Oct 2013 – 27 April 2014)
- Behind-the-scenes viewings with curators and conservators and visits to other places of interest*
- An invitation for two people to the Director’s Annual Dinner
- The opportunity to book our highly popular Harcourt Director's and Family Tours
- Acknowledgement in the Annual Review and a copy of regular Museum publications such as Friends News
- Eligibility to book Friends Events
- Discounts on Museum ticketed events
- 20% discount in the shops at the Museum of London and Museum of London Docklands
- 25% discount in cafes at Museum of London and Museum of London Docklands
- 25% discount at London Wall Bar & Kitchen (Museum of London) and Rum and Sugar (Museum of London Docklands)
* Some events at an additional charge.
Harcourt Group Tours
Accompanied by the Museum of London's principal curators and archaeologists, each Harcourt Group tour is totally unique.
We have consistently enjoyed exclusive access to rare sites and locations, combining the historical and the contemporary - from ancient ruins to state-of-the-art urban art spaces.
We have enjoyed private tours with the directors of international museums, drinks with ambassadors, and dinners in the most magnificent and enchanting locations.
The annual Harcourt Family Tours are aimed at children aged between 8 and 12 years, especially those studying History, Art and Geography. Accompanied by a curator, archaeologist and teaching staff (including a storyteller), we explore past civilisations to make them understandable to the present, blurring the distinction between being on holiday and studying at school.
In the last few years, the destinations for our tours have included:
- Harcourt Family Tour to Viking Denmark (Spring 2012)
- Harcourt Director's Tour to Vienna (Autumn 2011)
- Harcourt Director's Tour to Damascus (Autumn 2010)
- Harcourt Director's Tour to Havana (Autumn 2009)
- Harcourt Director's Tour to Moscow (Autumn 2008)
- Harcourt Family Tour to Ancient Egypt (Spring 2008)
Please contact Sarah Atkinson on 020 7814 5505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Alternatively please download and print the Harcourt Group Joining Form (PDF 631kb, opens in a new window) and return it to Sarah Atkinson at Museum of London, London Wall, EC2Y 5HN