Changing the site's background colour can helps users who rely on magnification technology as white can produce an uncomfortable glare. It is also possible to change the colour of body text on the site.
Both are done by changing the preferences in your browser:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your screen and select 'Internet Options'.
- Select 'Colors' and make changes to text and background colours in the Colors panel.
- Then click on 'Accessibility' and tick ‘Ignore colors’ specified on web pages.
- Click the 'OK' to select the changes.
- Click the 'OK' to close the box.
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your screen, then select 'Options'.
- Click on 'Fonts & colours' and select the text, background and link colours you want and click 'OK'.
- Click 'OK' to close box.
Please note that some older versions of Internet Explorers and other browsers may not support this.