Updated: 14 May 2013
The Museum is passionate about supporting groups, organisations and artists to explore London’s history, present and future.
We do this because we believe that:
- Londoners have a right to contribute to the telling of the histories of their city, and this promotes a sense of ownership and reach wider audiences
- The Museum, its staff, galleries and programmes are all strengthened by working in this way and being challenged, creating a museum that engages with and reflects multiple experiences and different perspectives
- Through projects of this kind, the Museum and its partners, can offer skills-and confidence-building opportunities
- Londoners can help us to develop collections that are more reflective of the city and its people, enhancing our galleries and programmes and creating a more representative legacy for all
- The Museum should be a place of dialogue and debate, playing an active role in our city today
We are always keen to develop links with organisations and hear about other projects, so drop us an email to say hello firstname.lastname@example.org
In this section of our website, we explain how we support community organisations, artists and young people. We also share some of the work that had been done in current and past projects.