Welcome to the Packing Museum Objects for Storage e-learning tool
This tool will help you learn about the packing of museum objects for storage, and provides information about the following topics:
- Why do we pack objects?
- What factors affect the choice of packaging?
- What packing materials should be avoided?
- Assessing the environmental conditions
- Assessing the storage furniture
- Assessing the storage use
- When is packaging is not required?
- What is the object made from?
- What is the size, shape, weight and condition of the object?
- Boxes and bags
- Covers and supports
- How do I pack an object?
- How do I pack small objects?
- How do I pack large or heavy objects?
- How do I make a tissue puff?
- Links and resources
At the end of some sections there is a short multiple choice quiz to test your understanding of the topics.
Select NEXT to start the training.
Or select a section heading to go directly to that section.