This is an interior view of Wilton's Music Hall in Wellclose Square, East London, which was built by John Wilton in 1858. Upon Wilton's death in 1880, the Hall was taken over by the East End Mission of the Methodist Church and provided shelter during the Second World War. In 1964 the writer and poet Sir John Betjeman campaigned to make Wilton's a listed building. It was subsequently saved from demolition and given a Grade II listing.
David Graham ( born 1926 ) trained at St. Martin's School of Art, 1943-4 and the Royal College of Art (1948-51).
In 1978 and 1979 respectively, he won 'The Spirit of London' competition and has widely exhibited his paintings.