Terms and conditions for competitions run by the Museum of London are detailed on this page.
These Terms and Conditions govern the Competition to win one
of four flexible family tickets for
Beasts of London.
The Competition is promoted by The Museum of London, 150 London Wall, EC2Y 5HN (“the Museum”)
Conditions of Entry
- By entering the Competition, you agree to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and to comply fully with them.
- The Competition is open to all residents of Great Britain (UK) aged 16 or over excluding employees of the Museum, their subsidiaries, families, agents, affiliates, or anyone involved in running the competition.
- To enter the Competition you must answer the question online.
- The Competition commences on Monday 14 January 2019 (GMT) and concludes on Sunday 31 March 2019. All entries must be received by 11.59pm on 31 March 2019 in order to be eligible for inclusion in the Competition.
- Only complete entries will be accepted. The Museum accepts no responsibility for any entries that are lost, incomplete, and illegible, corrupted or fail to reach it by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Automated entries will be invalid. The Museum reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. Incomplete entries and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions (including those containing any false information), will be disqualified and will not be counted.
- If the Museum has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsman-like conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the promotion, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry) the Museum reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
- An independent judge (the “Judge”) will pick an entry randomly from all complete entries received before the Closing Date.
- There will be 4 prizes available. The prize is a flexible family ticket for Beasts of London. A flexible family ticket can be used by up to 6 people. All members of your party must attend at the same time. Tickets must be booked in advance. Tickets can be booked for any day or time slot, subject to availability, but must be used before Friday 20 December 2019. The Prize has no applicable cash value and cannot be exchanged.
- The Prize is non-transferable and the winner cannot request any alternative prize (cash or otherwise).
- In the event of unforeseen and uncontrollable circumstances, the Museum reserve the right to (a) substitute the Prize with an alternative or the same or greater value; and (b) cancel, modify, extend or suspend the Competition.
- Winners will be selected at random by the judge from all complete, correct and eligible entries received before the Closing Date.
- The winners will be notified by 5.00pm on 12 April 2019 via the email address used by the contestants to submit their entry. The name of the winner can be obtained by writing to: Marketing, The Museum of London, 150 London Wall, EC2Y 5HN within 1 month of the Closing Date.
- Within 3 days of receiving an email, from the Museum, the winners must reply to the email that alerts them that they are a winner. In the reply they must provide the Museum with their names and a contact email address to which their unique event booking code can be sent. Proof of age and/or eligibility may be requested at the Museum’s discretion.
- If any winners are not able, for any reason, to accept the prize, or does not respond to the Museum’s notification within 3 days of the draw date, the Museum reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
- All details and other restrictions applying to the Prize not specified in these Terms and Conditions shall be determined by the Museum in its sole discretion.
- The Museum reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time on giving notice through its website.
- By entering the competition, you consent to the use of your personal data by the Museum for the purposes of administration of the competition and for any other purposes to which you have consented.
- By submitting your Entry, you warrant and undertake that:
- Your entry does not infringe English law or the law in the country in which you are normally resident;
- Your entry does not, to the best of your knowledge and belief, infringe the law of any other country;
- Your entry complies with all terms and conditions of use applicable to the relevant social media platforms.
- You hereby waive and agree not to assert (and warrant that all individuals featured have waived and agreed not to assert) any moral rights in and in connection with the entry;
- You shall, on request, do such other things and execute such documents as are reasonably requested of you by the Museum in order to allow the Museum to use your entry for the permitted purposes;
- The Museum reserves the right to pass on any entry (including the associated personal details) which cause it concern to the relevant authorities.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
- You agree to indemnify the Museum and keep the Museum indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by the Museum as a result of your entry in the competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Museum excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the Competition and use of any prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the Museum’s liability for death or personal injury arising from the Museum’s own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
- The Judge's decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry rules and conditions will be disqualified.
- All entries become the property of the Museum and will not be returned. You acknowledge and agree that you will assign all intellectual property rights in your competition submission and/or any statements made by you regarding the competition or the Museum to the Museum promptly on request by the Museum.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, the Museum and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from:
- any postponement or cancellation of the Competition, and
- any changes to, supply of (including, without limitation, prizes which do not reach the intended recipient), or use of the prize, and
- any act or default of any third party supplier,
- which are beyond the Museum’s reasonable control.
- Please note that this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. By entering, you acknowledge that Facebook, Instagram and or Twitter bear no responsibility for this Promotion and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release Facebook, Instagram and, or Twitter from any liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion. You understand that the information you provide is provided to the Museum.
- Winner(s)/entrants agree to allow the Museum to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
- If you have opted in, the Museum may also use the details you give us to contact you for marketing purposes by email.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
This competition is not affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.