As well as great colleagues, you can also enjoy a number of other great perks when working at the museum.
We understand that life can get busy and it can be challenging to look after your physical health. We therefore offer annual flu jabs to staff and annual health checks.
In addition, we strongly encourage our staff to make conscious decisions around their use of plastic and provide new staff with free waterbottles and keep-cups.
The museum also offers staff the following benefits:
- 25 days’ paid holiday per year (increasing to 30 days after 5 years)
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Staff discounts in our museum cafés, shops, bars and restaurants
- Interest-free loans for season tickets, tenancy deposit and bikes
- An excellent variety of health and wellbeing events such as free health check days, discounted in-house yoga courses and a staff running group
- A confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular staff socials including private ‘friends and family’ exhibition invites, quizzes and events
- Free attendance at other cultural institutions in the UK
- Staff discounts in local shops and cafés in the local area
Staff pub quizzes
Get quizzical with your colleagues at our staff pub quizzes.
Run the rotunda and beyond!
Enjoy some discounted mindfulness.
All new staff get a free re-usable coffee cup and water bottle.