Disco Loco is East London’s knees-up for folks with kids. Each month they hold huge, exuberant, community parties for families with DJs, dancing, food, games and a bit of a show. Here’s their 6 point guide to organising your own weekend breakfast rave.
- Have a sleepless night.
- Wake up feeling terrible, keep the curtains closed, gather the family in your pyjamas. Decide to have a rave to cheer yourselves up.
- Find as many disco accessories as you can: low lighting, torches, flashing kids toys, face paints, make up, glitter, leg warmers – whatever you have in your home. Make the tea and get some breakfast snacks ready to serve on party plates.
- Choose an awesome playlist from our resident DJ Emilia Harmony at: www.mixcloud.com/emiliaharmony
- Clear some space in your living room or kitchen for a dance floor. Add cushions, turn down the lights, turn the music up and you’re ready.
- Dance! You can freestyle, hold dance competitions, mirror each other’s dance moves or try lie-on-your-back-limbs-in-the-air-dancing. Take selfies. Do the mashed potato. Share with your kids the heady, messy magic of losing it to your favourite dance floor anthems of all time. Lip sync in your living room and sing into hairbrush microphones. Queue at the bar (fridge) for a drink. Have the time of your life. And make a date to come to the next Disco Loco!