We have a range of items that are popular that you may be interested in
A vibrant family festival weekend celebrating the many voices of east London.
London is a diverse and global city, which is home to the speakers of over 300 languages. These languages all help to tell the story of London's people, who we are and where we come from.
At this special festival weekend learn phrases from a new language, discover secret languages of the past and try your hand at British Sign Language. Plus, have a go at communicating in unexpected ways through song, spoken word, emojis and more.
Come share your own story, in your words.
Here are some highlights of the festival. Check back soon for a full schedule of events.
- Language tasters: SOAS Language Centre will be providing free language tasters for families and adults.
- Emoji craft workshop: Design your own emoji to take home in this creative activity
- Music workshop: Join iyatraQuartet for an interactive musical workshop using words from different languages and body percussion in the creation of an exciting new performance.
- Invent a word wall: Shakespeare invented many new words to use in his work! Invent your own words to add to our wall.
- Make a dictionary: Make a dictionary to capture the words you learn at the festival.
- iyatraQuartet performances: A professional group of musicians comprising of violins, cellos, clarinets and percussionists who create original music based on sounds and tunes heard from around the world.
- Community performances: Featuring dance, music and drama performances from a range of local acts.