Artsmark and Arts Award
Did you know that we're an Artsmark Award partner and a supporter of the Arts Award? Get in touch to find out more!
Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools and education settings, awarded by Arts Council England, recognising their commitment to high quality arts and cultural education.
The Museum of London is proud to be supporting schools and education settings on their Artsmark journey, inspiring children and young people to create, experience, and participate in great arts and culture.
We offer education settings who are working towards, or currently hold an Artsmark Award, with the following opportunities:
- Visit one of our museums or take part in one of our facilitated workshops to build your Range of Offer
- Take advantage of our Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities for your staff
- Develop your Children and Young People Engagement through special projects that involve children and young people in planning and delivery
- Explore valuable potential Partnerships with us
- Promote positive Values and Ethos through work experience and opportunities to work alongside people from the culture sector.
Find out more about Artsmark at www.artsmark.org.uk.
To find out how the Museum of London can support your Artsmark journey, contact [email protected].
Arts Award is a range of unique qualifications that supports anyone aged up to 25 to grow as artists and arts leaders, inspiring them to connect with and take part in the wider arts world through taking challenges in an art form - from fashion to digital art, pottery to poetry.
Through progressing through the five levels, young people get to:
- discover the enjoyment of creating and participating in arts activities
- experience arts events
- develop creative and communication skills that are essential for success in 21st century life
- explore the work of artists and craftspeople and gain insights into the professional arts world
- gain experience and knowledge to help progress into further education and employment.
There are no entry requirements, no time limit for completing the award, and no set rules on how to present final work.
The Museum of London is an Arts Award Supporter and can offer all kinds of opportunities to meet your goals. For example, you could:
- Research artists and makers through their work in our collections
- Attend an arts based workshop or performance at the museum
- Use our galleries and collections for inspiration
- Work with us on a longer term creative project.
We feel that Arts Award is highly accessible and so particularly encourage SEND groups to work with us.
Why not read a case study of how we've supported an Arts Award project – and its impact on one student?