Re-set Grants Programme
As London’s Museum services continue to re-build and develop services Museum Development London is pleased to continue to support these initiatives through its Dynamism Programme’s Re-set grants.
Re-set grants programme 2022-2023
Deadline for applications to the programme 5.00 pm Monday 04 July 2022
MD London is delighted to announce that the Art Fund has generously donated an additional £14k to support the MD London Re-set programme bringing the total grant pot to £25k.
This programme will help museums to analyse and assess their current position and to identify priorities for activity to support post Covid recovery through a short, facilitated self-assessment process. Further to self-assessment and analysis 6 small grants of up to a maximum of £4000 will be available to successful participants to help them to:
- stretch thinking by helping museums to evaluate alternative futures and carry out appropriate research e.g. audience research to address post Covid re-opening, finding new ways to connect to their communities
- innovate and pilot new ways of (for your organisation) of working e.g. developing new approaches to digital working
- explore partnerships opportunities e.g. with community groups, charities and arts and cultural organisations
- refresh or enhance the visitor experience, or to raise the profile of the organisation
*Applicants are required to ensure approaches address equality and accessibility.
Projects will need to be completed by 12.00 noon on Monday 27 February 2023. More information on eligibility as well as the type of projects the grants programme will support can be found in the Guidance for Applicants, which you can read here. If you would like to apply, please complete and return an Application Form, along with any supporting documents to [email protected] no later than 5.00pm on Monday 4 July 2022. Applications submitted after this deadline will not be accepted.
If you have any questions about the Re-set grants please get in touch with Yvette Shepherd, MDO Organisational Health, tel: 078 4120 6864
Previous Programmes: Re-Opening and Recovery
Museums Recovery Programme 2021-22 (closed)
Last year the Museums Recovery programme, generously supported by The Art Fund, was designed to help museums to analyse and assess their current position and to identify priorities for activity to support post Covid recovery through a short, facilitated self-assessment process. Further to self-assessment and analysis 8 grants of up to £4000 were made available to successful participants to help them to address improvements identified through the process.
The successful applicants 2021-22 were:
- Brent Museum and Archives
- Bromley Historic Collections
- Guildhall Art Gallery
- Hackney Museum
- Massey Shaw Education Trust
- Museum of Richmond
- The Cinema Museum
- British Dental Association Museum
A summary report of the 2021-22 Recovery Programme is available here
For information on previous Re-opening and Recovery programmes, see the Previous Programmes link on our Resources page.