Re-Opening and Recovery
Museums Recovery Programme 2021-22
Museum Development London and The Art Fund is delighted to announce a Recovery grants programme for 2021 totalling £32k for London’s non-National museums.
Deadline for applications to the programme 05 July 2021.
This programme, supported by The Art Fund, is designed to help museums to analyse and assess their current position and to identify priorities for activity to support post Covid recovery through a short, facilitated self-assessment process. Further to self-assessment and analysis 8 grants of up to £4000 will be available to successful participants to help them to:
- stretch thinking by helping museums to evaluate alternative futures and carry out appropriate research e.g. audience research to address post Covid re-opening, finding new ways to connect to their communities
- innovate and pilot new ways of working for organisations – (it doesn’t have to be new idea but does need to be a first for the organisation) e.g. developing new approaches to digital working
- explore new and exciting partnerships e.g. with arts and cultural organisations, community organisations and charities
- take a risk or try something new in order to address the need to revise the visitor experience, in the light of post Covid changes to visitor behaviour, or to raise the profile of the organisation
*Applicants are required to ensure approaches address equality and accessibility.
Last year Five London Museums were successful in applications to the Museums Recovery Grants programme.
The successful applicants were:
- The Old Operating Theatre
- The Freud Museum
- Association of Anaesthetists Heritage Centre
- Kingston Museum Service
- Bruce Castle Museum
You can find details of the projects in the summary report for the Recovery Grants 2020-21 here.
Full details of the national Museum Development UK and Art Fund Recovery Programme partnership are available on the MDUK website here.
If you have any questions about the Recovery grants please get in touch with Yvette Shepherd, MDO Organisational Health tel: 078 4120 6864
Museums Re-Opening grants programme 2020-21 (closed)
Re-opening grants were awarded to the following museums to help them to ensure that appropriate measures, equipment and training are in place for a safe re-opening:
- Bethlem Museum of the Mind
- Brent Museum and Archives
- Dr Johnson’s House
- Estorick Collection of Modern Art
- Florence Nightingale Museum
- The Freud Museum
- The Society of Antiquaries of London
A summary report of the 2020-21 re-opening grants programme is available here.