Museum of London Terms & Conditions
By accepting this agreement and accessing the wireless network, you acknowledge that you have read and understood, and agree to be bound by this agreement.
a. not to use the network in any way which breaks any law or the conditions of any licence or rights of others
b. not make any use of the Museum's WiFi such that the whole or part of the Museum's WiFi is interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient, or the effectiveness or functionality of the Museum's WiFi is in any way impaired
c. not to use the Museum's WiFi for the transmission or posting of any computer viruses or any material which is defamatory, offensive or of an obscene or menacing character or in such a way as to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
e. not to use the Museum's WiFi to transmit any material for the purposes of publicity, promotion and/or advertising without the prior written consent of the Museum of London
f. that the Museum reserves the right to restrict access and/or connectivity to certain websites by you on the Museum's WiFi, including for example certain high bandwidth web sites, in order to share bandwidth amongst its User group.
a) WiFi SPARK collects information on your usage of this service including web pages visited, domains and email traffic. WiFi SPARK will not disclose personal information collected in conjunction with the provision of this service to a third party without consent, except to companies with which we have contracted for the provision of the Service. WiFi SPARK will, if required by law, disclose your personal information and or information pertaining to the usage of the Service to the relevant authorities in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime.
b) Customer Service is available in the United Kingdom by dialing 0844 848 9555 or by email at [email protected] WiFi SPARK is committed to providing uninterrupted access to this Service. WiFi SPARK will use best endeavours to only allow system downtime and maintenance outside of normal working hours (9AM-5PM Monday to Friday). We reserve the right to modify or temporarily suspend the Service or any part of it without notice to you for emergency technical repair or upgrade for any reason, or if the service host has not paid WiFi SPARK for the provision of this service in its premises.
c) You acknowledge and are responsible for the security of your connection to the internet, your device that is used for connecting and for any sites you visit, emails you send or receive or information transmitted or received in any format when you use our Service. WiFi SPARK provides no additional security than you already have, because we provide management and monitoring services only and do not modify any content. For that reason, we cannot be, and are not responsible for the security or content you transmit or receive on the internet.
d) WiFi SPARK shall not be liable to you in any circumstances for any indirect, special or consequential losses, lost profits, business interruption, information or loss of data, security breach, loss of goodwill or other pecuniary loss, including loss or damage suffered as a result of any virus, denial of service, spamming or hacking. Our liability shall be limited to the amount you have paid for the Service limited to a one month subscription.
e) WiFi SPARK reserves the right to block any websites, web pages and content on its service that WiFi SPARK deems illegal, distasteful or generally unsuitable for the location in which this service is provided. WiFi SPARK does not wish to restrict your use of our service unreasonably but by using this service you agree to accept our filtering criteria which may change from time to time. WiFi SPARK has no obligation to you to include sites that are blocked from use.
f) Roaming is supported across many of our sites but not all. If you are planning to use your account across many WiFi SPARK sites, please contact us for a list of sites that support roaming on 0844 848 9555
a) You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and all activities that occur under your username and password. You will be liable for all losses, damage, costs and expenses, direct or indirect, however incurred, suffered by WiFi SPARK due to the loss, misuse and/or disclosure of your username and password. WiFi SPARK reserves the right to make additional charges for the use of our service on multiple machines with the same password. We will contact you where possible should this occur.
b) You have the right to compensation for direct damages caused by WiFiSPARK through negligence. Direct damages are defined as the reasonable and verifiable additional costs incurred by you.
c) You will not be eligible for any compensation if you cannot use the Service because of power or equipment failure, routine maintenance or circumstances outside of WiFi SPARK's control including down time due to failure of an internet service provider's connection. If, however, the Service is not available for reasons other than the above, please contact WiFi SPARK's Customer Service on 0844 848 9555 for a possible refund or credit of time.
d) You agree that you will not use the WiFi SPARK service for:
(1) Television and telephony services
(2) Unlawful, fraudulent, criminal or otherwise illegal activities
(3) Sending, receiving, publishing, posting, distributing, disseminating, encouraging the receipt of, uploading, downloading, recording, reviewing, streaming or using any material which is offensive, abusive, defamatory, indecent, obscene, unlawful, harassing or menacing or a breach of the copyright, trademark, intellectual property, confidence, privacy or any other rights of any person
(4) Knowingly or negligently transmitting or uploading any electronic material (including, without limit, files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs) which is known or likely to cause, interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment owned by WiFiSPARK or any other Internet user or person
(5) Activities that are in breach of any other third party's rights, including downloading, installation or distribution of pirated software or other inappropriately licensed software, deletion of any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded, falsification of the origin or source of any software or other material
(6) Anything that may disrupt or interfere with WiFi SPARK's network or services or cause the network to crash
(7) Launching "denial of service" attacks; "mailbombing" attacks; or "flooding" attacks against a host or network. Scanning of networks or hosts for open ports or other vulnerabilities.
(8) Making excessive use of, or placing unusual burdens on, the network, for example by sending or receiving large volumes of email or excessively large files or extended high volume data transfer of any kind. Should we deem your use of our service excessive, and by this we mean transferring more than 20Gbytes / month or equivalent multiple thereof, we reserve the right to reduce your connection speed, or terminate your service. In such a situation you will not be eligible for a refund.
(9) Circumventing the user authentication or security process of a host or network
(10) Creating, transmitting, storing or publishing any virus, Trojan, corrupting program or corrupted data
(11) Collecting, streaming, distributing or accessing any material that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally collected, streamed, distributed or accessed.