Welcome to the Handling Museum Objects e-learning tool
This tool will help you learn about the handling of museum objects, and aims to answer the following questions:
- Why is it important to handle museum objects differently?
- Why should I wear gloves?
- What equipment will I need?
- How do I prepare to handle an object?
- How do I assess an object?
- How do I assess the route and destination?
- How do I lift an object?
- How do I move an object?
- How do I handle small and large objects?
- How do I handle textiles and costumes?
- How do I handle paintings?
- How do I handle furniture?
- What links and resources are available?
At the end of some sections there is a short multiple choice quiz to test your understanding of the topics.
Select NEXT to start the training.
Or select a section heading to go directly to that section.