Young Faith Historian open call
Applications now closed
Are you a person of faith aged 16-24 in London?The Museum of London is moving to a new location at Smithfield Market and is preparing a new display all about faith in London. We are offering young people living and working in London the opportunity to contribute to a film about practising faith. You’ll research and share your family and communities' stories of faith in the city and gain experience working in the museum and heritage sector!
What you will do:
- Contribute your own ideas to create a film which will present museum visitors with different viewpoints around histories of faith in London, to be showcased in the new London Museum’s Faith Gallery space. The ideas can be linked to your experience, your family, your community…
- Work with other people of different faiths to shape the final film.
- Take part in behind-the-scenes object sessions with museum curators!
- Research your personal and local faith histories with the museum’s help.
- Work with a professional film-maker.
What's the time commitment:
- There will be at least 6 sessions across several months. There will usually be one session every two months. Each session will last 2 hours with a break in between. Food and snacks provided.
- Occasional work to prepare before and after the session may be required (no more than two hours per session).
What you get:
- A fee of £60 for each session you attend
- Staying connected to the museum for any job opportunities and training during and after the project.
- A museum project, work experience and new skills to put on your CV.
- The chance to be invited to museum events and tours.
Access and inclusion
- Each session will be an inclusive space welcoming all experiences of faith and identities.
- We will tailor faith access needs for all participants (dietary needs, prayer room, no sessions during days/periods of observance).
- Sessions will aim to be accessible and neurodiversity-friendly as possible, for specific needs please get in touch so we can best accommodate.