In 1746, George Wilson established a small porcelain works at Limehouse. The factory only lasted a couple of years. It produced a range of wares including some inspired by silver shapes. Sauceboats with claw feet and lion mask terminals, and pickle dishes in the form of scallop shells were Limehouse specialities. Blue and white designs predominated though a few examples have survived with red, yellow and green applied decoration. In 1989, Museum of London archaeologists excavated the site of the Limehouse porcelain works and uncovered a large quantity of wasters that identified the type of wares made at the porcelain works.
This soft-paste porcelain cup is moulded with irregular spiral reeding and sprays of prunus flowers attached to a crabstock handle. The white glaze is slightly fritted and greenish in hue.