Capital Nourishment Fund
Documenting London’s food and drink culture.
Applications closed on Monday 15 November 2021. For any questions or enquiries, please contact [email protected].
Are you 16-25 and based in London?
We are interested in understanding the role of food and drink places as hubs of community and nourishment.
We are providing three micro-grants for young people with ideas to collect objects and stories around food and drink culture in London.
We have three small grants of £1,000 each for young people with ideas to document their local food spots. This could be the local pub, shisha lounge, chicken shop or a corner shop that is meaningful to its local community.
How will the Museum of London support you?
We will provide training in research, project management, writing a collecting proposal, and support you through the process of documenting your selected food or drink places.
No specialist skills are needed to apply – if you have an important story to tell about London’s food and drink spaces and places, we want to hear from you.
- By 15 November 2021: Final date for submitting applications on the form below.
- By 26 November 2021: Successful applicants are notified.
- November/December 2021: Training in research, collecting processes, budget planning and writing proposals takes place.
- January-February 2022: The collecting project takes place
- March 2022: The objects/stories are acquired by the Museum of London and form part of our collection.
What is London Eats?
London Eats is a community engagement and collecting project, which will document Londoners’ relationship with food and drink through new collecting.
Here you can find more information about our London Eats project.